Sunday, February 22, 2009

So close and yet so Far away

So it's official...my husband is on his way. It is a weird feeling to think that Jason is going to be about 60 miles from me and yet I probably will never get to see him. I've been anticipating his arrival for it gives me hope that there may be a chance to see him someday.
I've met some married couples here already on Camp Liberty. Most of them get to see each other everyday and even live with each other. I asked one couple what it was like to be here together. They said the don't get to see each other that much, or at least as much as they would like. I said- "so how much is that?" The husband responded in saying that sometimes they can go up to two weeks without seeing each other. HA! I said. I told them they should be lucky and I told them my stories about Jason and I. I told them the story about how since we've been married the longest period at one time that we've been together physically is one month. Then I told them how since I received the phone call about deploying in October, I've been in training and saw my husband two-three weeks of that whole duration. In saying that I would like to say to all that are married to a military member...keep your spirits up!! I sympathize with those who do not get to see their spouse while deployed and the same goes to their other half. It is not easy being away from your loved ones for even a day or two. For those who are married and their spouse is here....enjoy what you have and realize that however long you may be seperated by missions or duty, you have it way better than most here.

There is a book for those who are married to deployed members that I highly suggest reading. It is called Seperated by Duty, United by Love. This book is mainly for the spouse who is left at home. It gives insite on taking over the bills, the kids, the house, pretty much everything to expect once your loved one leaves.

And that's all I have to say about that! ;)

2 comments:

1SG Martinez said...

SPC Anderson, thanks for sharing your experiences with us all. We poke fun at you a bit about it, and yet we all keep tuning in to see how your story unfolds, that says more than the words we joke about.

You guys are a strong couple and I know that if you do it right, you'll be stronger for the experiences. Keep up the good work.

TOP

Keith Leistekow said...

SPC Anderson
Hello from SheVegas (Sheboygan), Wisconsin!
I read a small newspaper clip here about you and your service with the 211th and, well, had to write to thank you for your service (and your fellow soldiers) as well as request a mailing address.

I'd like to send you and your band of brothers and sisters a CARE PACKAGE.

I am a retired Air Force Reserve public affairs officer and can't say enough about telling our military members stories - these blogs are such a great outlet to express and communicate your perspectives to the rest of us back home - thank you.

Drop me a line soon. A belated CONGRATULATIONS on your marriage. I hope you and your husband see each other soon.

Capt. Keith Leistekow